I got this out of a magazine. The noodles end up tasting sort of like spetchle. Of course I have no idea if that's how they're supposed to taste because the recipe was so goobery in its measurements that I decided against subscribing. It was tastey though so here's how to make it my way. (make sure you have some time on your hands)
Potato Noodley Thingies
Approx. 3 potatoes
1 to 1 1/2 cups of flour
1.Boil the potatoes until they are soft.
2. Mash the potatoes. You need them seriously mashed so use a blender if you need to.
3. Add the egg, and sort of beat it while it's in there a little bit.
4. Add the flour and mix it until it's a lump of dough
5. kneed the dough a bit.
6. Make into noodley shapes. Whatever shapes you like.
7. Put them in a pot of boiling water.
8. Once they float to the top, take them out with one of those holey spoons and put them in ice (I don't know if the ice does anything but I'm afraid to try it with out).
9. Put them in a countainer and add some oil.
10. Put them in the fridge for later (whenever you decide to make the sauce).
1 can stewed tomatoes
6 tablespoons (or whatever) olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced (or 3 if you like garlic as much as I do)
Some cubes of cheese (I tried both mozzeralla and cheddar and both are yummilishious)
More veggies (onions, celery) optional
1. heat the olive oil and cook the optional veggies
2. Put the thinly sliced garlic in until it's kindof brown (like 30 seconds)
3. Add the can of tomatoes
4. When the tomatoes look warm take the pan off the heat
5. Take the noodles out of the fridge and put them in
6. Put everything back on the heat and toss until bubbly
7. Add the cheese and pepper
8. Eat it right away.