This is a most delicious meal. It must be nutricious too. Look it has all the food groups: veggies (onions), dairy (cheese, and cottage cheese), protein (bacon), and carbs (potato, pasta). Anyhoo, here it is, a cullinary masterpiece.
Lasagna noodles (you need 6 noodles for the recipe, but I suggest just making the whole pack. Your lucky if you get 6 that aren't broken.)
Onions (two of those big honking cooking onions)
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
Like 2 cups grated cheddar
Some mashed potatoes (I used 7 of those little red ones. About 6 cups. You can use instant mashed potatoes, but mashing potatoes really isn't that hard. Lazy people.)
1 pack of bacon.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Make the mashed potatoes (use your medium sized pot, because only a big pot will fit lasagna noodles)
3. Make the lasagna noodles according to package directions (so just boil them in a big pot)
4. Cut up the onions in little bits and sauté them in a little oil.
5. Fry the bacon. Not too crispy, because it's going in the oven later.
6. Save half a cup of onions and half a cup of grated cheese for the top of the lasagna.
7. Mix the cottage cheese, cheese, and onions with the mashed potatoes.
8. Get a 9 x 13" glass dish and spray it with Pam
9. Lay 2 lasagna noodle in the bottom of it.
10. Spread half of the potato mixture on the lasagna noodles.
11. Lay 1/3 of the bacon on top.
12. Put 2 more lasagna noodles down.
13. Spread the other half of the potato stuff on.
14. Lay another 3rd of the bacon on top.
15. Put 2 more lasagna noodles down (see how hard it is to find ones that aren't broken?)
16. Top with the remaining cheese, onions, and bacon.
17. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 F.