A while ago, and for no particular reason, my cousin gave me a whole pile of frozen lobster meat for free. While I was delighted by the gesture, I'm still having trouble figuring out what to do with it. Here is one of my attempts:
Approx 1 pound lobster meat (if you don't have large quantities of lobster in your freezer, you can substitute crab)
1 1/2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (I used seasoned breadcrumbs because that's what I had)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
2 radishes, chopped super finely
1 stalk of celery, chopped super finely.
salt and pepper to taste.
A bunch of garlic salt
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven broiler
2. Mix together lobster, bread crumbs, parsley, radishes, celery, salt, pepper and garlic salt.
3. Beat together egg and mayonnaise.
4. Add the egg mixture to the lobster mixture (or vice versa) and mix well.
5. Make them into patties and put them on a greased baking sheet.
6. Broil for like 6 minutes, depending on the hotness of your oven and the size of your cakes. Just watch them and, when they start to look crispy, rescue them.
Note: I made 4 cakes that were like the size of hamburger patties, but you could make smaller bite sized cakes for parties, theoretically.