I've started making 99% of my meals in the slow cooker. It's so easy! Buy a slow cooker and throw stuff in it in the morning, and by evening you've got dinner!
1/4 cup milk
2 slices of day-old bread, torn into cubes (I've used brand new bread, and nothing bizarre happened)
1/4 cup diced onion (I try to cut it small enough to keep Adam from saying "There's too much onion")
2 tablespoons finely chopped red or green pepper (Again, my goal is to cut it so small that Adam doesn't say "I'm not really big on peppers")
1 pound ground beef (make sure it's defrosted)
Salt and pepper
A whole bunch of ketchup
Some potatoes and/or carrots or whatever.
1. Beat the egg with the milk. Stir in the bread and the onion and the peppers.
2. Mix in the meat, and make sure it's really mixed okay? Season it with salt and pepper while you're at it.
3. Mold your meat mixture into a loaf shape (think giant meat turd) and put it in your slow cooker.
4. Spread ketchup all over it. Don't be shy.
5. Put a bunch of carrots and/or potatoes and/or whatever all around the meatloaf, as your "side dish".
6. Put your cooker on high for an hour, then low for the rest of the day (or until no pink is showing).
7. Eat your meatloaf with carrots and whatever for dinner.